Sep 17, 2010

The Write In Candidate

Continuing with Fort Flagler State Park: It was very calm both nights, and the leafy canopy overhead reflected back the sound, as if we were all camping under a giant tent. I could easily hear talking (or music or laughter) in campsites quite aways away. The paper mill across the bay (bees make paper, too) could be heard in the background, making its machine hum, which gave the whole “getting back to nature” aspect of camping a surreal, artificial aura. Sort of like camping on the holo deck.

The newlywed Greens (currently honey mooning in the bear state) have been posting some fabulous stuff over at Look at All the Happy Creatures lately. They were married in Echo Cabin at the Bear Mountain Lodge and I began to think about the concept of the echo and (so-called) Machine Intelligence as experienced at the Jelly/Yellow Stone/Brick resonating Fort Flagler.


An echo is simply your own voice bounced back, the aural equivalent of a mirrored reflection. As my consciousness ponders the nature of Consciousness or Mind, The Big Guy sends back echoes. Like this catamaran called ECOnomy cruiser at the Woden Boat Festival that looked like a spaceship among all the traditional craft. The vessel’s name was “Just Enuf”.


When we get home I notice that I’m washing our camping gear with ECOS soap. I’m using SHOUT on the big stains, generally a good plan if you are seeking an echo. This is 100% all natural!

Today we took the two dog gods to Redmond, and I passed a car with a 441 license plate: a reflection of 144, or the 144,000. After the Pet Shop Girls (our cute name for the local pet shop) we walk by this car, featuring REV2212:


Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. --Rev 22:12-13

And directly in front of that car was this bumper sticker: And I thought maybe I should just write in my own name there? Then I don’t have to wait around for the Second Coming. Jesus is already here, and all I need to do is look in the mirror.

Is little old me “Just Enuf”? Do I really need all the smoke and mirrors - the Wizard of Aiwass Show? I shot this pic at the Redmond Vitamin Life store. Who is The Big Guy in the Octagon? You can barely see him, in the reflection - taking a picture of his Self.



Michael Jackson - The Man in the Mirror



NOTES:


“The Big Guy”, who Rusty “idolizes” is actually just a man in a big, fancy robot suit.

In engineer speak, "Rev" means revision. This is, probably, my 22nd revision of my perception of consciousness.

3 comments:

Alan Abbadessa-Green said...

I love this post. Rarely in reading blogs does the title of the post convey so much - but you have captured a powerful metaphor.
I'm not just saying that because of the shout out mind you - and thank you for that :)
For real man, hold on to that feeling you had when you typed this. That's beautiful.

Michael said...

Thanks for the comment, Alan. I think I won't be attempting walking on water right away. ;-)

Ishmael said...

geeze man,
it's all coming together!

Related Posts with Thumbnails