Sep 2, 2010

Time For the Real Thing?

Var brought home some Classic Cola from Trader Joe’s this week, very unlike him considering his health nut disposition. Later I noticed the TIME stamp on the bottle, my totem number of 14:44.


Coke is Amanita red and white, and also features an S shaped logo. It used to be “The Real Thing”, though now, not so much. Paris Hilton got caught with some coke in her handbag this week. And today, Buffmuscles posts “Have a Coke...”



“Have a Coke” = “Have an entheogen experience”

I dunno... that comes with a lot of baggage. Last time was with Jeff Fairhall in 2004, the amanita tea. Jeff’s gone over the rainbow bridge, from “brain cancer”, AKA drinking way too much tea. A few years ago I almost ate some Panther Caps that were growing like candy in my sister’s yard, but I was told they were deadly poisonous, so didn’t do it. Entheogens aren’t just about ‘symbolic’ ego death anymore. Sometimes they can be the Real Thing.

But honestly, the signs are piling up. I’m thinking that maybe Being wants a powwow... it's time. Timing is everything. I could ask WWJD? but I already know the answer:
Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. "Abba" he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will." --Mark 14:35-36
Sigh. I wish I knew a cool shaman here in Seattle who could guide me through an Ayahuasca ritual. Anyone want to come to Seattle this fall? We have plenty of room, and the mushrooms practically grow on trees around here. I’m thinking... Equinox, Seattle (Sea Attle... Atlantis) Center, Emerald City, Space Needle, Lake Union, Fremont, tripods, Sci-Fi museum and EMP? Maybe it's time for a PNW Magical Mystery Tour.



2 comments:

Anadæ Quenyan Effro said...

Michael, I am soooo in areras of getting comments to your … well … deservedly commentable blogticles, garshk dern it! LOL! The secret recipe in La Coca Cola, as you said, once having been cocaine hydrochloride, is, instaed, nowadays nutmeg. But that'll cop a buzz. Later!

From a pre-Earl-hit Virginnie,
Anadæ Quenyan Effro von Thüringen

P.S. Couldn't've the cameraman's lens aimed just a tad lower on our behatted, bevested, divested-of-pants male model here? You tease, you.

Michael said...

Hi Anadae, thanks for stopping by, I know everyone should be doing something outside right now, not on the 'puter.

Regarding the cameraman's aim, for some reason this pic is cropped, because the original Colt Studios print does indeed show the junk, which does share a certain resemblance to a "Coke can"! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails