Feb 14, 2008

Pinch Me, I'm Dreaming

A few years ago I had one of those vivid dreams where you wish Daniel was around to interpret:

I was aboard a huge vessel - a ferryboat - but as big as a ship. Lots of men were fishing off the stern. I walked up to the rail, and without really thinking about it, I cast my two lines (via twin fishing poles) into the water, far below. When I did, the huge ferry reversed direction, and sucked my bait into it's props. I frantically pulled the lines free with my bare hands, which were cut and bleeding by the mono-filament lines. I succeeded in pulling my lines free of the props, but the bait was gone, and my hands were a bloody mess. --Dream 10/22/06

So yesterday I was walking Oliver the terrier down through a waterfront development/marina, when I noticed that the developer had seen fit to build a monument to my dream on the marina boardwalk.

If you can dream it...

3 comments:

aferrismoon said...

Great fishing, fine catch

Anonymous said...

The two arching rods from your dream are the the Hebrew word NuN which means Fish.

The letter Nun is formed by the arching Rod that issues forth from a strong foundation, just as in your photo. Two Nun's form the word NuN which itself describes the letter Nun and both the noun and verb 'Fish'.

A mentor, Genesis P. Orridge, once said that 'Death is the beginning of being immortal'. Jesus Christ may have said something like '...who loves their life does not love me'. Dreams, according to Jewish Mysticism, are one sixtieth of Death.

Magnified as well as possible for living eyes, your dream is one of the world of Death. The widely accepted Tarot Attribution for Nun (Fish) is Death.

'We shall be fishers of men'.

Upon your ferryboat you were afloat on the surface of Mem (Water). This surface is sometimes called 'The Dark Side of the Moon' and is the world of the Dead. Beneath this surface, within the Moon, is the the Material World of the Living.

The reversal of the prop is the force of Temperance which is defined as the transmutation of one element to another. The Hebrew letter Samekh (which follows Nun) means PROP and is attributed to Tarot: Temperance. The element being transmuted is you, Michael. The reversal of the prop brought you back into the world of the living.

Your bleeding hands are the result of your ongoing need to be alive. The continuance of life is reliant upon the supreme blood sacrifice of Christ. You must share His Passion to be Alive.

Your Pal,

Da WWWiz

Michael said...

Thanks Dan... I mean Mark. Best interpretation I've heard.

Related Posts with Thumbnails