Nov 11, 2010

In the Shop


I picked up Deepak Chopra’s 'Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul' today. Already I’m hooked and I’ve only read 10 pages! I've been a DC fan for decades, and lately I’ve come to realize that Dr. Chopra’s world view is a lot closer to Mark Twain (or Jeff Fairhall) than I thought. The only thing I don’t like about Deepak (and something I can’t personally fault him for) is that he’s become a powerful guru, and it is always fascinating how people raise up the ones who want to liberate us from all that hero worship. Buddha, Jesus, Lennon, He-Man, they all came to tell us “I am the power!” and we never figure out that I Am means me.

Anyway, this fabulously anarchistic poster (click the pic to read the fine print) came across my desk this morning, and I thought it worked pretty well for Deepak’s book too... a “how-to” manual on repairing the Soul. In fact, I'd agree with every single point, whether we're talking about the repair of a toaster oven, automobile, or the Self.


I like how the hand is carrying a big hex wrench, the “all purpose” tool for fixing things. I guess that’s my other issue with Deepak and much of the self-repair crowd. They leave out the instructions on how to use the most powerful and wonderful tool in our toolbox - Kundalini energy. I’d rather take my soul to Kake’s garage than Deepak’s. I've heard he's one hell of a mechanic. Kake looks like he has all the tools he needs, and he's not afraid to use them.


At You're Service, Sir.

By The Way: Today is 11/11 AKA Armistice Day. Armistice: an agreement made by opposing sides in a war to stop fighting for a certain time; a truce. A truce between my conscious and subconscious? Today has been a particularly pleasant and synchy day.

2 comments:

Eleleth ר ק D said...

Exoteric religion says that your head is God and your cock is the devil. Esoteric religion says that your cock is God and your head is the devil.

"God is a consuming fire"--Some Abraxas Stones show a phallic Iao/Yahweh which, as Joseph Campbell notes in Occidental Mythology, is appropriate for a god associated with circumcision.

Michael said...

My friend Bob from NYC had a recurring nightmare about stainless steel tables, blood and evil doctors. He finally decided they were a subconscious product of his own circumcision.

Years later, his mom told him how he had screamed during the operation, and she vowed at that time that if she ever had another boy, she'd never let the butchers near him with their knives. They'd told her that infants felt no pain.

Related Posts with Thumbnails