I was chatting with my mom yesterday (in Phoenix). She mentioned her bible study group was currently studying the book of Daniel, and then she mentioned the recent going’s on in Libya as being sort of creepy considering Daniel’s dreams and what not.
2. Yesterday Buffmuscles does a BACK to the Future post, involving a muscle beast. We recall that Libyan terrorists and pirated nuks were central to the plot of Marty McFly's "dream".
3. Devin (from Phoenix), who hardly ever comes by gosporn anymore suddenly comments on 4 different posts, in one of them he says: "What a back". This back in question shows some interesting iconography. Alla who?
4. Today, Mr. Strickland sends me some mail:
Mr. Strickland is the "thorn in the side" of protagonist Marty McFly, always calling him a "slacker".
5. A mysterious but very cool stranger emails me about esoteric boat stuff, and the word Valkyrie shows up:
In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who decide who will die in battle. The valkyries bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla, ruled over by the god Odin, where the deceased warriors become einherjar. There, when the einherjar are not preparing for the events of Ragnarök, the valkyries bear them mead. Valkyries also appear as lovers of heroes and other mortals, where they are sometimes described as the daughters of royalty, sometimes accompanied by ravens, and sometimes connected to swans. --wikipedia6. Valkyries are generally depicted as bare breasted, or at least, one breast bared, much like Marianne - the French symbol of revolution:
Mr. Strickland and I share a homoerotic interest in masculine chests, or in other words, guys with big fucking muscle tits!
7. Bill in Exile posts this pic today of a Nordic fellow, one nip exposed.
I gotta ask, is the image below thinly veiled homoerotica?
Helgi Hundingsbane and Sigrún (1919) by Robert Engels
8. Tom Cruise starred in Valkyrie - about an assassination attempt on Hister.
Combine Daniel, Libyans, nukes, Back to the Future, Hitler and bare-breasted German muscle men/women of the apocalypse and what do you get?
Me neither. But I like it already!