Feb 9, 2011

A Knight Errant


I don’t know why I do this to myself but I’m reading another Holy Grail story. ‘One King, One Soldier’ by Alexander C. Irvine. This one is about some Korean war vet who is the incarnation of the Fisher King to some gay pinko’s in 1950’s San Francisco, and well, it all just strikes a chord that I don’t really know how to play, but it just sounds right.

 It’s odd because I’m not into medieval shit at all, find it rather tedious. However my subconscious appears to be fascinated, so what the hell. Give ‘em what they want.

That said, Var had a “Lady of the Lake” experience as an adolescent.  After that, he began diagramming pyramids, and he changed his pen name to Neil Sarras.

So really, am I questing the Grail, or is the Grail questing me?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails