Feb 10, 2011

Apocalypse Sue

I have two major memes running through my head right now: Egypt and Glee.

Take away my Q card but until a few nights ago I’ve never seen an episode of Glee. Yes, plenty of clips and Youtube parodies, but never the whole narrative, front to back. I have to say that fascinating as it was, I don’t think I’ll be able to stand another one. It’s the fucking autotune. Every. Single. Note. Hit. Dead. On. Every. Time... without fail. Takes all the drama out of singing, which is funny since glee club is all about drama.

Episode 2-11 had Sue Sylvester (playing the ego unhinged) bored with her cheerleader’s routines: “I can’t feel anything” she complains, even though her ego entertainment squad went all out with their version of California Girls. Her girls tell her:
The problem is that you keep trying to make a bigger and bigger spectacle, and no matter how hard we try, we can’t make a routine work unless you find a way to make it interesting for you...
This is classic Jung. Ego is NEVER satisfied. Sue comes up with the idea of shooting one of her girls out of a cannon, a stunt with a 30% chance of “catastrophic success”. As I’m watching this, images of Cairo, Alexandria, Freedom Square (Masonic, much?) protest, and the Pyramids of Giza looming in the background swim around in my consciousness. Thanks to Jake Kotze, we all know the 911 twin towers represented “pillarmids”, and even the layout of downtown Manhattan echoes the layout of Giza. It’s been 10 years. 'Sue' is bored. She needs to top herself. She wouldn’t. She couldn’t. Would she?



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails