Well, another 9/11 anniversary, another year in American police state purgatory. Sigh…
As you may know, I’m slowly reading Dan Brown’s Angels & Demons, published in 2000. Even though the film arrived after The Da Vinci Code, this is actually the first novel in the Robert Langdon series. It has been weirdly syncy reading it 14 years after it was published, and seeing how much of what Brown wrote of became standard internet conspiracy fare later on. From George H. W. Bush being a 33 degree Freemason/Illuminati to TV fakery, CERN and the large hard-on collider… even a perceptible anti-Islam slant.
The weird thing is how events in the book parallel my own current events.
- The book begins with a Vatican Conclave
- I attend a Sync Olympia Summit
- Langdon is led by hidden Illuminati/Masonic clues in architecture around Rome.
- I am lead by hidden Illuminati/Masonic clues in architecture around Olympia.
- The Conclave is held to choose a new Pope after the death of the previous one, who it turns out was murdered by the Illuminati. The Pope is the inheritor of St. Peter’s church, who was crucified or hanged upside down.
- Robin Williams, the Fisher King or “hanged man”, died immediately after the Summit, with rumors of the Illuminati being involved.
But this is where it gets weird. Because last night (9/11 Eve) I was reading Chapter 105 - where Langdon perceives the final clue to the location of the "Church of Illumination", which was a dove on top of an obelisk. As I read this, I asked Var what he was watching on TV, and he answered “Columbo”.
And that’s when the lights went out.
Note: This is the first time the lights have gone out in Port Townsend since we moved here. Power was out for about 3 1/2 hours, or 3:30.