Jun 17, 2007

The Rainbow

Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God. --Rev 7:3

The "servants of our God" are sealed with a mark, or symbol, and so also the servants of the Beast are sealed with a mark. There's been no lack of conjecture about the infamous "Mark of the Beast" (666, a solar sign, the Star of David, the red cross of the Templars, a biochip implant). Yet, strangely, I've never read any musings about what form the other "mark" might take - the seal of the righteous. I think gay men may be the anointed that John spoke of (and yea, gay men have plenty of 'Christian' baggage to unload before that happens) and if that's so, then what IS our "mark", which is in fact the symbol of the 144,000?

A few clues:

Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. --Rev 3:10

And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. --Gen 9:12-15

As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. --Matthew 24:37

It's interesting that the rainbow flag has become the international symbol of the Gay Pride movement - the sign of the covenant. As we head toward June 28, hundreds of gay pride parades will commemorate the anniversary of the Stonewall Riots, and the streets of the great cities of the world will become literally flooded in the colors of the rainbow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails