Oct 30, 2013

Send the Great Pumpkin a Message

I was musing the other day on Halloween. They say it is the time when the veil between the human world and the elven realm is most thin.

Var told me "I heard the NSA computers were down today". I think he was joking, but it begs the question: Is there some kind of earthly psychic barrier that is lifted right about now, and might this not be an opportune time to fire your V-150 Ion Cannon?


I know Christmas is the time we are supposed to send our wish lists, but maybe Charles Schulz had it right.



Linus Van Pelt, the disciple and seeker of Peanuts, found meaning in Christmas, but he waited in the pumpkin patch for his true Savior.

As Charlie Brown and Linus sit together, behind that no-man’s-land brick wall, fists perched under their chins like Rodin’s “Thinker,” Charlie tries to console Linus, disappointed at the Great Pumpkin’s non-appearance, by saying he’s done similarly stupid things himself. Outraged, Linus raises his hands angrily, “Stupid? What do you mean, stupid? Just wait till next year at this time. I’ll be waiting for him!”

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails