May 1-8, Seattle is hosting the National Level Exercise 2-08 "terrorist drill".
The overall exercise scenario unfolds as a Category 4 hurricane threatens the National Capitol Region (i.e. Washington DC) while events in the Pacific Northwest include terrorist attacks involving weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in the state of Washington and an accidental release of a chemical agent at chemical stockpile facility in Umatilla, Oregon. The scenario culminates with the hurricane's imminent landfall combined with a credible terror threat which causes the federal government to invoke continuity plans and capabilities. (i.e. martial law)
We may recall that both New York on 9/11 and London on 7/7 were also hosting terrorist "drills".
Considering May Day is a cross-quarter day and the Feast of Beltane, (think Scotland and Ireland), which featured the crowning of the May Queen (think Carrie) as well as the Druids running their cattle through the flames of purification (think "us"), I gotta bad feelin' about this.
As luck would have it, the regional Scottish Rite Leadership Conference is to be held in Seattle concurrently - May 2. Mark your calendar.
A brief history of May Days include:
- 1776 - Establishment of the Illuminati in Ingolstadt (Upper Bavaria), by Jesuit-taught Adam Weishaupt.
- 1915 - RMS Lusitania departs New York City on her final crossing of the North Atlantic. Six days later, the ship was torpedoed off the coast of Ireland with the loss of 1,198 lives, including 128 Americans, rousing American sentiment against Germany.
- 1931 - The Empire State Building is dedicated in New York City.
- 1940 - The 1940 Summer Olympics are cancelled due to war.
- 2003 - In what became known as the "Mission Accomplished" speech, U.S. President George W. Bush declares "major combat operations in Iraq have ended" on board USS Abraham Lincoln off the coast of California.